About the Mammut Barryvox S Beacon
Compared to the standard Barryvox, Mammut’s S Beacon has more advanced features that appeal to experienced mountaineers and guides. That’s not to say this beacon is too advanced for beginners in the backcountry; on the contrary, it still features the same beginner-friendly interface (single switch, single button, and separate flagging button) that makes the standard Barryvox so easy to learn how to use. In fact, the Barryvox S features a smart search display with a dynamic icon that moves with you down slide paths and assists in proper probe planting to refine your avy techniques whether you’re practicing or using what you practice for real emergencies.
Along with this smart search display, the Barryvox S also shows a similar readout to the standard Barryvox, with distance, direction, and number of burial victims showing clearly whether you have goggles on or off. Since there’s more information on the display, Mammut made this Barryvox S Beacon’s screen slightly larger than the standard model.
- Advanced beacon for dedicated backcountry skiers and splitboarders
- Triple antenna boasts a massive 70-meter range in digital mode
- Pro search option switches to analog for an even greater range
- Smart search with dynamic icon assists with guidance while searching
- Easy-to-see display shows distance, direction, and victim number
- Auto switch from search to send after not moving for four minutes
There are no reviews yet.